The Pro’s Closet is excited to announce the launch of its Cafe Ride conversation series. This series of biweekly panel discussions will be held virtually and features women from across the bike community discussing a wide range of topics designed to inspire, educate, and connect riders of all types.
The Cafe Ride series will kick off on March 17 at 12pm EST / 10am MST. Viewers can tune in through Instagram Live on The Pro’s Closet IGTV channel here. While the series will cover training and the value of being a consummate beginner, more difficult topics will also be discussed, including accident-related PTSD, and riding with pain, and using the bike to cope with loss.
The Initial Cafe Ride Conversation Series Schedule:
- March 17: Tina Ooley, using mountain biking to discover yourself and cope with loss
- March 31: Sarah Swallow, authentically embracing an alternative lifestyle
- April 14: Erin Nelson, struggling with PTSD and identity post car/bike accident
- April 28: Cassondra Spring, women’s cycling community
- May 12: Lillian Outten, learning to train for a race that might not happen
- May 26: Hillary Allen, a professional ultra runner finds cycling
- June 9: Maria Benson, learn how a Cervelo bike is developed
- June 23: Isabel Rodriguez, equity in cycling
- July 7: Laura King, navigating pregnancy and motherhood, while still making time for yourself.
- July 21: Jane Nussli, balancing career and personal fulfillment with professional racing
- August 4: Tamara Gorman, a rising triathlete star with big aspirations
- August 18: Lindsey Richter, how and why Ladies All Ride was founded and where it’s going
- September 1: Kate Quay, pudendal neuralgia and cycling
- September 15: Janel Spillker, pro road racer discusses the transition to community builder and coach
- September 29: Rachel Voyles, massage therapist and former pro soigneur talks about relieving all kinds of stress
- October 13: Sofia Bermudez, why being a beginner, not an expert, is the goal
“We see how bikes connect people every day, both through the experiences we share and through those that are uniquely our own,” said Reese Ruland, social media manager at The Pro’s Closet. “With the Cafe Ride series, we wanted to create a platform where riders from across the women’s cycling community can talk about the parts of biking we all know and love, but also have conversations around the parts that are sometimes swept under the rug.”
For more information on the Cafe Ride series, visit here.
About The Pro’s Closet Cafe Ride Conversation Series
The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With nearly 1,000 bikes to choose from on our website, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes.