The Granite Design Stash RCX Multi-Tool fits in a gravel bike’s carbon steerer, actually it will work in most carbon steerer tubes. There are a lot of great products that fit into a MTB steerer tube recently but these are usually aluminum and use the bottom of the fork as as part of the mount, the Bontrager BITS is a perfect example . Gravel bike forks typically are closed at the bottom of the steerer and many have carbon steerers which changes the game a little. The new Granite Design Stash RCX uses a compression plug similar to your current setup in lieu of a starnut and is is designed for forks without opening at the bottom of the steerer tube.
The Stash RCX features:
- 8-piece Multi-tool: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, T25, Flathead
- Spoke key: 0, 1, 2, 3 with valve core removing function
- System weight (incl. multi-tool): 110g
- Multi-Tool weight: 57g
- Color: Black and Orange
- Stash RCX fits forks with or without the open end at the bottom of steerer tube.
- The inner diameter of the fork steerer needs be round shape and measured between 23.5mm to 27mm.
You can snag the Stash RCX for $54.99 at Granite Designs.