Bontrager have released their version of a stem-based integrated tool system. The BITS (Bontrager Integrated Tool System) installs without needing to thread a steerer tube on any non-carbon 1-1/8″ steerer tube.
Securely stow your essential trail toolkit in your fork’s steerer tube with Bontrager’s new BITS System. A clever compression fitting replaces a traditional gravel and MTB fork’s star nut and keeps an included multi-tool and more cleanly out of sight, yet always at the ready!
The tool utilizes a bolted compression fitting and replaces the traditional star nut. Between the ends of the compression fitting lies a multi-tool and carrier. The tool includes commonly used hex bits, a screwdriver, chain breaker, and storage space for a quicklink.
This clever storage solution ensures your essential toolkit is with you when you need it, and it’s super easy to access on the trail or back roads. Never again leave home and end up stranded when you realized you forgot something.
The Bontrager BITS retails for $89.00 and is available at trekbikes.com.
Bontrager BITS Product details
- Easy tool access for quick trailside repairs
- Bolted compression system securely holds tool and carrier
- Compression install replaces the star nut fitting with no need to thread fork
- Simple install with two bolt lengths and included spacers for customizing fit
- Includes BITS Multi-Tool with hex keys, screwdriver, chain breaker, and storage for quick links
- 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8mm hex along with T25 and flat-head screwdriver
- Compatible with MTB and road forks with threadless headsets and non-carbon steerer tubes